It may happen that while you are surfing on twitter, you come across the profile of one of your acquaintances or a loved one who has unfortunately passed away. This is a moment that is probably moving.
So how do you proceed at this point? Can you ask twitter to turn the account into commemoration account? Or simply to delete ?
Manage digital accounts of your loved ones after their death!
We'll take all the hassle out of it!
Twitter does not currently allow the transformation of a deceased person's account into a memorial account.
Delete the deceased's account
➡ If you have the deceased's access codes
On your computer
- Log in to your account.
- In the menu bar on the left, click on More.
- Un menu déroulant apparait ; cliquer sur Paramètres de confidentialité.
- A new page will appear, click on Deactivate account in the right column at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Deactivate.
- Enter the password and click on Deactivate to confirm the unsubscription.
On your mobile
- Open the Twitter application.
- Click on the profile picture at the top left of the screen.
- Click on settings and privacy.
- Click on account.
- Click Deactivate your account.
- Click on Deactivate.
- Confirm the account password.
Your account is then disabled for 30 days and if, after this period, you do nothing, the account will be permanently deleted.
➡ If you do not have the deceased's access codes
If you do not have the access codes but want the deceased's account deleted, twitter can work with you if you are a person authorized to act in the estate or have proven that you are a close family member.
In this case, you can ask Twitter to delete the account here. Une fois votre demande reçue, twitter vous enverra par mail les documents à fournir sur le défunt tels que :
- A copy of your identity card
- The person's death certificate
Twitter certifies that information that you will provide them will remain confidentialThe only purpose of these data is to prevent fraudulent applications. These will be deleted after they have been verified.
However, Twitter cannot provide account login information regardless of the relative's relationship.
This is why, if the deceased had chosen to pass on his or her digital heritage to you by registering on Legapass, you would have had access to the account without any difficulty and would have been able to retrieve certain information before proceeding to delete the account.
Don't leave your loved ones with such complications by simplifying their access to your digital data. Don't wait any longer: create your Legapass account !