At Legapasswe are fully aware that entrusting the seed sentence of his Metamask or its Ledger to a third party is a rather delicate subject.
Indeed, in the crypto world, there are many scams, so trust is a must. We won't tell you otherwise!
The objective of this article is to give you examples of use so that you know how to secure your crypto investments with the Legapass solution.
If you wish to understand before that why Legapass is 100 % secure, you can follow this link. 🔐
In all cases, even if you are not yet ready to trust a third party to secure your access, you can always use our solution to transmit instructions regarding the management of your crypto wallets.
1. Access to your centralized exchange platforms
To access the cryptocurrency market when starting out, the first platform you think of is usually thecentralized exchange type Coinbase, Crypto.com and others.
In this case, the creation of an account requires a identifier as well as a password. Often, a security authentication is added 2FA with a code sent directly to the cell phone to protect the connection.
For secure the access codes of your centralized exchange on our platform:
- ✅ Open your Legapass account ;
- Click on " Add a code "from your tdashboard ;
- In the search bar, type the name of the platform you want to secure (or search for your platform in the sidebar, " My goals ", " Show all suggested categories ").
- Enter your login and password when you are invited,
- ⚠️ IMPORTANTCheck your information to make sure it is correct by clicking on the little eye. Once you have validated, you will not be able to no longer have access to it, especially for security reasons. Learn more about Legapass security.
2. The seed phrase of your crypto wallet
You consider that leaving your cryptocurrencies on a centralized exchange like Binance is not secure ? You are right! Remember the FTX case... 🙈
As a precaution, you have probably shared your seed phrase with several people so that you can avoid storing everything in one place.
Whether it's on paper, printed on an iron plate or on any other medium of your choice, you feel secure? Only, if for any reason, you are away from a loved one or a place is damaged, it can quickly become a nightmare. Worse, if your apartment is burglarized and by chance the criminal finds your seed phrase, it's a jackpot for him.
Well, that was before you read this article that explains how to secure your seed phrase in 5 minutes chrono (and that against any attack) 😊
✅ Ok how to do it then?
As we saw in the first point:
- Open your Legapass account ;
- Click on "Add a code" ;
- Type the name of the platform you want to secure
- Name your portfolio (with rigor) to quickly distinguish this one in your list of secrets,
- Add the public address which identifies your portfolio (It should look like this: 0xa4B47a4B61f17DbAb9bC18c68204fCFfcb5584dB)
- Add the seed sentence, in French recovery phrase that will allow access to your assets in case of a problem.
- Press the + button to add each new word
- Add the password that unlocks your wallet
- Check your information one last time before validating.
3. If you're skeptical, just leave it to us 50%
Are you sensitive to the idea of leaving your entire seed phrase with us? We understand! Entrusting this precious data to someone else isn't easy.
In this case, why don't you use the Legapass service to secure only 50% of your seed phrase?
In this way, you can be absolutely sure that we will cannot access to your funds, even though you already have! ➡️ Find out why !
Conversely, this guarantees that no one on your side can access your data either.
More comfortable with this idea? Add part of your seed sentence now, repeating step 2.
4. Your instructions for managing your investments
The instructions: isn't this the most precious element to keep and to be able to transmit if something happens to you? Knowing that in most cases, the person closest to you knows nothing about this type of investment.
Your wife, your close relative, your child,... do you have any doubts about their ability to easily access your cryptos? And above all to take advantage of the benefits? Converting them into euros to be able to profit from them for example. Remember your beginnings in crypto investing, your difficulties in understanding this market and being able to make your first transactions.
With Legapass, you don't have to inflict the same pain on your loved ones. Make it easy for them to access and enjoy your investments with clear instructions.
Some of the things you could explain to them include:
- What is an NFT and why is it valuable.
- Provide the names of the portfolios on which you hold NFTs and explain how to display them.
- Advise to keep the NFT up to a certain value or sell it as soon as possible.
- Explain the privileges you have (by holding an NFT collection) and how to continue to enjoy them,
- Inform that you have savings on multiple platforms and how to continue generating passive income by stacking,
- and more...
5. The PIN code of your card or wallet
It is not only the PIN code of the phone that counts (even if it is important)!
You may have a crypto debit card with benefits and especially funds that your loved ones can enjoy.
➡️ You can register your card's PIN code on the Legapass platform and explain in the instructions the details of your card (advantages, stacking time, etc.).
For enter your crypto card's PIN code in Legapass:
- Open your Legapass account ;
- Click "Add a code ";
- Type "pin code" in the search box.
- Follow the process and record the pin code of your card
You can also secure the pin code of your Ledger key if you have one.
⚠️ As a reminder: if you enter 3 wrong codes, it will reset your key and cause the loss of your assets. 😱
Even if you can get them back with your famous seed phrase, it can be interesting to make life easier for your relatives by giving them your code.
You can repeat the operation seen before to record the pin code of your Ledger in Legapass. And don't forget to add instructions here that will help your friends and family understand how to use your key, it could be very useful for them!😊
6. Access to your own application that centralizes all your assets
If you own assets on different platforms, you may have an application (such as Coinstats) which allows you to see at a glance, the value of all the crypto assets you own.
In case of a glitch, this type of information can be valuable to allow your relatives to see the share of investment related to your cryptos.
So, enter the pin code of your mobile and the name of this application in your Legapass account so that your loved ones can quickly access it if needed.
You've got it, As a cryptocurrency investor, you can secure a multitude of secrets on our platform. Using our solution adds an extra layer of security against theft or loss of your digital assets. Of course, our service doesn't stop there, as we can also ensure that this valuable information is passed on to your designated beneficiary. This is done with a strict restitution process involving a bailiff.
This article will be updated regularly, (to reveal more and more tips), so follow us on social networks to not miss our alerts.👇